This mushroom recipe is the last one you’ll ever need to look up for a side dish idea. These Ultimate Herb and Garlic Mushrooms are packed with umami flavor, are quick to make and topped with fresh herbs. Serve these at your next Thanksgiving or dinner party and everyone will rave about them!
Garlic Mushrooms Recipe
Before I even began my thanksgiving planning, I knew I wanted to make the ultimate garlic mushroom side dish. One that was quick and simple to make but super delicious. I think we got it with this recipe for the Ultimate Herb and Garlic Mushrooms! This simple side dish is packed with flavor and will make a mushroom lover out of anyone. They’re perfect for a thanksgiving side dish, or throughout the year. I’m thinking these would be amazing with a perfectly seared steak. Either way, these should be on your table real soon!
Ingredients for Garlic Mushrooms
- Fresh Herbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Butter and Oil
- Balsamic vinegar
How to Clean Mushrooms
Mushrooms often come from the grocery store very dirty. Because they act like sponges, soaking them or rinsing them in water is out of the question. Instead, to clean mushrooms wipe them with a clean towel and a dry pastry brush. Get off as much excess dirt as possible.
Dishes to Pair with this Mushroom Recipe
Looking for some thanksgiving main ideas? Or just a simple dinner idea, check out these recipes:
If you like this side dish recipe, check out these others:
Herb and Garlic Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 16 ounces mushrooms, cleaned, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon thyme, picked off the stem
- Heat oil and butter in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Once hot add shallots, cook until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Add water, balsamic vinegar and herbs and cook until syrupy, about 2 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Literally any herbs that you like will work here! We loved the combination of parsley, chives and thyme, but feel free to use whatever extra herbs you have on hand.
Loading nutrition data…